Pressbooks is brought to you by the University of Oregon Libraries Open Educational Resources & Open Access publishing support services. Pressbooks is simple book production software that makes it easy to write, develop, and publish open educational resources, textbooks, scholarly monographs, fiction and non-fiction books, white papers, syllabi, and more.
Please read through these terms of service before creating any content in the Pressbooks platform. If you have questions or concerns, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your use of the UO Libraries Pressbooks platform is governed by the Pressbooks.com Terms of Service.
- You understand that the intellectual property status of any content you create or edit using the UO Libraries Pressbooks platform is governed by the UO Intellectual Property Policy (11.07.02) & Copyright for Course Materials Guidelines.
- You agree to comply with all copyright laws when using content that you did not author and assume responsibility for content you upload under the provisions of fair use. If you have questions about copyright and fair use with this publishing platform, please consult with the University of Oregon Libraries before uploading content to Pressbooks.
- You agree to ensure the accessibility of any content you create on the UO Libraries Pressbooks platform. All books will be tested for accessibility compliance before publication, and you are expected to fix all accessibility issues that are identified during the testing process, and include an accessibility statement in the front matter of your book. If you need support with this, we encourage you to consult with the UO Accessible Education Center and learn what you can do in the Accessibility & Universal Design chapter of the Pressbooks User Guide.
- You must have an active UO faculty, staff or OA affiliation and an active UO email address to use the UO Libraries Pressbooks platform.