- Understand the value of peer review and writing labs as part of your writing community.
- Develop strategies for responding objectively to feedback from multiple sources.
- Understand the purpose and role of revising your drafts as a critical part of the writing process.
- Identify self-editing strategies that can help you revise your writing.
- Prepare a final draft for submission by reviewing style, grammar, and formatting.
- Develop strategies for being a better self-editing and editor of other writing.
- Understand how to apply MLA and APA formatting
Chapter 5 is adapted from Chapters 8 and 9 of Writing for Success by University of Minnesota, which is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.